Associate, Brand Strategy
As a Brand Strategy team member, you will use strategic, analytical, and creative thinking regularly. You will have the opportunity to consult with clients across industries, throughout the world and on a range of firm capabilities (e.g., positioning, brand architecture, naming, and customer experience).
As an Associate, you will be responsible for clear and compelling evaluations of client situations and context. You will be viewed as an authority on research findings and implications, with the team looking to you for ideas on solutions and recommendation territories. You will help drive the case delivery, often owning individual modules of the project and being responsible for leading the thought development and managing the process to get there. You will also have the opportunity to run smaller scale projects from start to finish.
This role offers exposure to a talented and passionate team whilst developing and building some of the world’s leading brands. You will have the opportunity to shape the perception of existing and new brands, driving changes in the global marketplace.
In your day to day, you will:
Creatively and Strategically Build Ideas
- Synthesize insights from a broad array of inputs (e.g., client documents, research, best practices, market trends) to frame the situation and identify preliminary brand opportunities
- Collaborate with and guide other consultants and designers to explore alternatives and develop thinking (e.g., informal brainstorming sessions, gathering of firm best practices)
- Quickly pick up skills and knowledge in new areas, leveraging client, firm and external resources
- Conduct in-depth interviews with client management and key stakeholders
Support Successful Delivery
- Organize and coordinate development of client presentations and flow
- Effectively communicate with, and present to, internal case teams and external client teams
- Manage and analyze quantitative and qualitative customer / prospect research, partnering with analytics specialists as appropriate
Manage Time, Projects, Client Relationships
- Manage day-to-day project work plans and guiding team workflow
- Serve as a key point-person and face of the firm with clients and other stakeholders, including helping to manage expectations and facilitating discussions
- Help motivate, develop, and guide junior staff
Who You Are:
Knowledgeable and Skilled
- 5+ years excelling in a field such as consulting, business strategy, brand strategy, brand management or planning
- MBA or equivalent welcomed, but not necessary
- Outstanding communications, writing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent business intuition, ability to connect the dots and understand client implications
Passionate and Motivated
- Ability to thrive in team situations, actively contributing thinking that enhances and/or challenges key assumptions, and understanding how to successfully leverage junior and senior team members
- A passion for problem solving, creative expression and improving the way companies relate to customers
- A willingness to push your thinking, attack issues from multiple angles and stretch yourself to provide outstanding brand ideas to clients
- An appetite for learning and wrestling with challenging topics across a diverse range of clients/ industries
- Openness to travel, seeing things in new ways, and exploring new ideas
The applicable base pay for this role ranges from $110,000 – $135,000. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position will be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health benefits, 401K savings as well as employee assistance programs.
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
We recognize the benefits of flexibility but also value the interactions that happen when we come together. Our new hybrid working model allows individuals to set their own cadence for working in their preferred environment with the expectation that they will be spending at least half of their time in their local office each month.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that is what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities, so everyone feels safe, supported, and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud.