Associate, Experience and Innovation Strategy
At Lippincott, we are in the business of creating new experiences, businesses, and products to create meaning in customers’ lives. That’s why every day our Experience, Innovation, and Engineering team focuses on understanding shifting behaviors, identifying the possibilities, inventing creative solutions, and accelerating those ideas through to reality. We work closely with some of the world’s top brands, crafting big, bold ideas that will innovate what they offer to keep customers coming back time and again. That’s why we look for the best problem solvers in the world.
As an Associate, Experience and Innovation Strategy, you will work collaboratively to solve client challenges. You will utilize your expertise and understanding of consumer insight, innovation, digital culture, and building new businesses to deliver creative solutions that make a difference to our clients.
In your day-to-day, you will:
Research new opportunities and develop insights
- Conduct and analyze primary research (qualitative and/or quantitative) to identify needs and opportunities to develop into actionable insights that will translate to products and/or experiences
- Lead stakeholder interviews with clients and industry experts
- Lead and analyze customer experience audits
- Conduct secondary research into trends, market opportunities, emerging technologies, and the commercial landscape to identify potential white spaces and to inform product and growth strategy
- Review and synthesize client documents including research reports, business strategy and performance documents, and brand materials
- Define the opportunities, insights, and frameworks for the project team to act on that result in increased awareness, growth, and engagement for the client’s brand
Develop new to world ideas and strategic thinking
- Create a vision for the next wave of growth through digital and physical interactions, new products and experiences, and new businesses
- Design and facilitate internal and external innovation and ideation sessions
- Create concepts to explain the ideas in consumer testing
- Develop business models to assess the financial implications and profitability of new ideas and prepare recommendations for how to bring new products and services to market
- Build the commercial and consumer rationale to support each idea
Articulate and test conclusions
- Create presentations that bring ideas to life in a way that is actionable and tangible for clients, including but not limited to: innovation strategies, analyses of customer experiences, and portfolios of ideas
- Develop prototypes, as part of a team, that allow for ideas to be tested and evolved
- Help develop Lippincott POVs that strengthen our thought leadership in the innovation space
Build relationships and manage projects
- Manage experience and innovation project work streams, including coordinating with internal teams, research partners, and addressing client needs
- Structure and facilitate workshops, client meetings and presentations
- Engage stakeholders and present findings to clients
- Work collaboratively as part of a team, motivating and guiding more junior team members
We look for you to:
Be knowledgeable and skilled
- Minimum 7 years of experience across innovation consulting, digital transformation, design, or within private equity, venture capital, investment banking or a corporate experience innovation team
- Comfortable synthesizing large amounts of data to diagnose and structure a problem and operate without perfect data
- Full experience design lifecycle experience, from ideation to implementation
- Ability to translate complex quantitative and qualitative data into clearly articulated opportunities
- Work across multiple clients and balance priorities to ensure rigorous, thoughtful, and well-developed deliverables
- Proactive, comfortable with ambiguity, and flexible in the face of shifting client needs due to the rapidly changing nature of developing new products, services, and experiences
- A strong communicator and collaborator who can also assume a supporting role during key creative and design phases of a project
- Bachelor’s degree in design, humanities, or business; MBA is encouraged, but not required
Share your passion
- An enthusiasm for experience strategy and design, technology, and brands in the commercial world
- A passion for technology and culture, and desire to learn, as well as an interest in sharing your insights and knowledge with your teammates
- Passion to rapidly build expertise on new businesses and industry verticals
The applicable base pay for this role ranges from $110,000 – $135,000. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position will be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health benefits, 401K savings as well as employee assistance programs.
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
We recognize the benefits of flexibility but also value the interactions that happen when we come together. Our new hybrid working model allows individuals to set their own cadence for working in their preferred environment with the expectation that they will be spending at least half of their time in their local office each month.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud.