Creative Writer, Brand Voice
Lippincott’s voice team plays a pivotal role in expressing who a brand is, and how they connect with the world. Our team of poets, publishers, copywriters, food critics and designers work collaboratively and creatively to define the unique character and voice for some of America’s most iconic brands.
As a Creative Writer, Brand Voice, you’ll blend your creative and strategic thinking while working with our design and strategy teams to identify opportunities to connect with customers across their journey. You will workshop and build out creative brand voice concepts and articulate the rationale behind these concepts to our clients.
Who you are:
- You’re an authentic storyteller, you know how to engage an audience
- You’re an exceptional writer who loves bridging strategy through language
- You’re an optimistic team player who enjoys working with others through the creative process
- You have an eye for design and pushing the limits of storytelling
- You have the creativity to build a concept from scratch and the logic and confidence to engage an audience in your ideas
- You’re equally at home buried in a good book and being on stage
On an average day, you will:
- Write creatively compelling and strategically minded copy, from brand manifestos, to app screens to brand video scripts
- Conduct research to identify industry specific insights and translate those insights to opportunities for brand voice improvement and to recommend best practices
- Help to plan and facilitate creative workshops with clients to develop clear and distinct solutions to create a unified brand voice
- Run training and office hours to teach clients how to develop their creative copy
- Clearly articulate ideas, share research findings and explain thought process to team members — both in writing and in person
- Prioritize and manage your time and workload in coordination with internals teams and clients to meet deadlines across multiple projects
We look for you to:
Be knowledgeable and skilled
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited college or university in creative writing, poetry, the humanities or a related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a verbal-oriented role such as copywriting, creative writing or brand voice development
- An approach that is equal parts creative and strategic
- Work across multiple clients and balance priorities to ensure rigorous, thoughtful and well-developed deliverables
- Have examples of creative, polished work
Be passionate and driven
- An unparalleled work ethic and a desire to enhance and grow your skill set
- Ability to work well within a group setting, interacting and engaging professionally with team members and external clients or audiences
- Exhibit a self-starter mentality with the ability to follow through with tasks to completion
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.
To submit your application, please select Apply Now and attach your resume and cover letter. For all design applicants, please include a link to your online portfolio. Someone from the recruitment team will be in touch with you.