Lippincott’s Design Team plays a pivotal role in offering creative solutions to brand, innovation, and culture challenges. Whether it’s perfecting the cadence of a key presentation or discovering a new path to engage users in an online experience, we lend the best of design thinking to the rest of our practices, from Strategy to Organizational Engagement, Innovation, New Business, and internal or marketing initiatives.
As a Designer at Lippincott, you will work with our expert design team on a variety of projects in and related to brand and innovation across print, digital, and interactive experiences. No day is the same and your work could range from brainstorming ideas for a launch activation of a new brand, to pitching names for a new AI chatbot, or exploring a UI toolkit for a new mobile app experience. We look for designers with skills and experiences across a range of media who will bring self-initiative to their projects and daily routine. To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate experience with Adobe programs (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), as well as experience with motion and interaction design software (After Effects and Figma).
In your day-to-day, you will:
- Research trends in typography, illustrations, UI, or other branding related elements
- Analyze and report on the competitive design landscape
- Assist in research and initial concept planning, including moodboard creation, to inform exploration and design development
- Ideate logo concepts with consideration for how they come to life in motion
- Help bring to life a visual system across key touchpoints from social media to signage
- Develop preliminary concepts into well crafted, refined, and comprehensive design solutions across brand touchpoints (print, digital, interactive, motion, three-dimensional, environmental, etc.)
Contribute to Client and Internal Projects
- Work individually and collaboratively to advance design concepts and thinking
- Participate in brainstorms, creative work sessions, and internal meetings
- Assist in producing client presentations
- Assist in gathering materials and updating exhibits for case studies
- Participate in initiatives that build our firm and culture
We look for you to:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in graphic or visual design
- Demonstrated creative ability through a strong design portfolio across a range of static, dynamic, and interactive media
- Willingness and enthusiasm toward extending knowledge about technology/media, production process, design applications, and working methods
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent portfolio
- Strong technical abilities in Adobe programs (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), as well as experience with motion and interaction design software (After Effects and Figma)
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively set priorities and manage your time
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing, and provide rationale for how your ideas help further the client’s strategic objectives
Demonstrate Lippincott’s Values
- A true passion for design, branding, and innovation, and what it can achieve
- Hold yourself and your work to a very high standard, pushing ideas further to challenge yourself and our clients’ ways of thinking
- Constructively participate as part of a project team, bringing optimism and a collaborative spirit to build on and nurture ideas
- Desire to proactively seek constructive feedback and input to develop your knowledge, skills, and thinking
- Demand better, reach higher, and expect more of yourself and your colleagues, while demonstrating gratitude and offering support in your everyday actions
- Celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing
- Support others and embrace optimism; act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success
Please ensure that you submit your online portfolio along with your application.
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences. From Samsung to Starbucks to Delta, our work drives growth and adds meaning to customers’ lives. Our partnership with Oliver Wyman allows us to integrate deep industry, risk and operational expertise to deliver end-to-end solutions. Together, we create new possibilities for our clients to thrive in the future.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud. #Lippincott