Director, Inclusion, Diversity, and Belonging
At Lippincott, together, we are on a journey of continuous growth, learning, evolution and improvement. To ensure progress, we focus on an annual set of inclusion, diversity and belonging priorities aligned with our business strategy and each part of the employee experience.
As part of the People Services team, the Director – Inclusion, Diversity, and Belonging (IDB) will provide strategic oversight of and guidance to the organization on all IDB priorities. In this role, you will make strategic recommendations to the business regarding initiatives and suggested prioritization. Day-to-day you will develop and provide on-going management of programs across the employee life-cycle, deliver training, and provide support to Lippincott’s leaders and employees in navigating IDB issues.
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong desire to integrate with and understand Lippincott’s culture and people deeply. You are a leader and a do-er. You will also be expected to build a strong understanding of our organization’s dynamics and processes so that you can advocate for and implement initiatives to support our global IDB goals. You will combine your coaching and training skills, practical business knowledge, and deep IDB expertise to deliver impact to our organization.
In your day-to-day, we look for you to:
Provide strategic oversight on IDB to Lippincott’s business globally (30%)
- Drive the continued evolution and growth of the firm’s IDB strategy to support the growth of our business and to build a diverse and inclusive environment
- Engage with senior leadership, IDB committee, and employees to influence behavioral change and to provide support and open discussion with the associated efforts
- Measure and report on the impact of our strategy and initiatives, providing updates to senior stake holders and the firm at regular intervals
- Provide subject matter expertise to guide positioning of key employee communications and engagement messaging
- Engage and lead the Lippincott IDB committee to channel voices from across the firm into shaping our strategy and initiatives
- Leverage cross functional teams to achieve our IDB objectives
Serve as subject matter expert and go-to person on IDB projects, initiatives and questions across the firm (40%)
- Consistently be at the forefront of best practices and recommended strategies in the diversity, inclusion and equity space
- Be a trusted confidant to Lippincott leaders and employees in navigating IDB issues, providing coaching and mediating discussions as needed
- Design, implement and provide on-going management of IDB initiatives and projects with limited direction
- Provide counsel to other People Services functions and collaborate with the team to drive impact for our talent, specifically related to IDB
- Create and deliver strategic reporting, including simple data analysis and storytelling
- Act as primary liaison to Oliver Wyman’s IDB team, engaging in and owning knowledge sharing
Deliver training and coaching to develop our people and shape the culture of our organization (30%)
- Own and lead all IDB related training, leveraging OW IDB assets as appropriate to embed inclusive leadership qualities across the firm
- Deliver general training needs to engage and develop our people throughout their talent journey, with an eye to supporting under-represented talent
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the firm’s learning roadmap for staff at all levels
- Provide support to other development programming on an as needed basis
Who you are:
You are a team player, always demanding better of yourself and those around you. You are wide open to different ideas and perspectives, and exhibit a “yes, and” mentality – building on the ideas of others to advance ideas and efforts. You are strategic, proactive and bring a sense of optimism, positivity, and fun to all that you do. You are also:
Knowledgeable and skilled
- A minimum of 8 years in an HR management role with IDB embedded or an IDB-specific focus to the role
- A strong training facilitator with experience delivering training to senior audiences
- Demonstrated significant knowledge and expertise in IDB with deep understanding of the diversity issues and dynamics in the US
- Preferred candidate will have a high-level understanding of the diversity issues and dynamics across countries in Europe and the Middle East as well as Asia Pacific regions
- A focused desire to build a truly inclusive culture and workplace
- Demonstrated experience creating and holding safe spaces for colleagues to share, learn and grow without judgment and ensuring that team members have clear objectives that they are held accountable for
- Prior experience managing internal projects or initiatives, in particular demonstrating effective risk management to drive complex programs through to successful completion
- Develop relationships across the organization, leading teams and individuals in project work – setting clear expectations, delegating effectively, and ensuring that conflicts and team dynamics are managed effectively and positively
- High comfort level in presenting to and engaging senior stakeholders and large audiences, synthesizing complex information into simple messaging and coherent storytelling, as well as facilitating group discussions
- Strong ability to build relationships and influence with leaders providing a balanced approach of challenging thinking, bringing activist energy, and demonstrating corporate responsibility
The applicable base pay for this role ranges from $160,000 – $185,000. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position will be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health benefits, 401K savings as well as employee assistance programs.
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
We recognize the benefits of flexibility but also value the interactions that happen when we come together. Our new hybrid working model allows individuals to set their own cadence for working in their preferred environment with the expectation that they will be spending at least half of their time in their local office each month.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud.