Director, Solutions Architect
At Lippincott, we are in the business of developing new brands, products, services, and experiences to create meaning in customers’ lives. Our Experience, Innovation, and Engineering (EIE) team plays a pivotal role in working with clients to build creative solutions.
As a Director, Solutions Architect on the EIE team, you will design and develop solutions for our clients with a focus on the technical ecosystem (e.g. websites, data integration, emerging technologies, games, utilities, mobile apps, etc.). If you have a passion for optimizing a customer’s digital experience and driving revenue growth, this is a great opportunity to join a growing, collaborative team.
In this role, you will add value as an intuitive problem solver, constantly searching for new and innovative ways to shape a narrative through interactive technologies. You will be unique for your breadth of knowledge across creative tools and development environments. You will be an experimenter and an advocate for creating functional and well-built applications. You will work with capability teams across Lippincott’s Design and Strategy practices to solve problems in an impactful way and to envision and ship the best digital experiences.
In your day-to-day, we look for you to:
Innovate, ideate, and inspire
- Lead and mentor developers in delivering solutions (i.e. custom web sites utilizing enterprise and open-source CMS platforms, API and web service integration, digital installations, etc.) that exceed client expectations
- Provide clear direction and timely feedback to development team members internally (i.e. code reviews, coding guidelines) as well as to external vendor partners to keep work on budget, on schedule, and of the highest quality
- Stay current on design and brand trends collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to ensure design intent is realized and providing technical guidance to ensure that it is carried through in development
- Perform audits of technical ecosystems and define the solutions architecture for client solutions
- Create interactive digital experiences by applying awareness and subject matter expertise in defining functional requirements, provide expertise guidance on development via deep subject matter expertise in backend and/or full-stack architecture, platform integrations, API and data integration, scalability, maintainability, and performance.
- Collaborate effectively with across teams and practices, internally and externally
Nurture client relationships
- Participate in new business engagements as a technical expert
- Be a trusted client partner with an eye towards identifying opportunities for Lippincott to continuously add value to our clients through extension work
- Participate in the creation and facilitation of educational client and internal workshops and training sessions
- Demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills particularly when describing technical work to a non-technical audience
Who you are:
Knowledgeable and skilled
- Proficient experience and a deep understanding of C# .Net and Java with 7+ years of professional experience in custom web development
- Define and implement solutions that require third-party data integration
- AEM certification is required
- Experience with Adobe’s Next-Gen Composability, former known as Project Franklin, is a plus
- Experience and/or certification with Sitecore, Optimizely, Kentico, Drupal, WordPress, Umbraco a plus
- A solid portfolio of your work in which you specify your involvement and contributions in each project you include
- Ability to solve problems critically, logically, and creatively, turning insights into ideas and ideas into actionable plans
- Full development lifecycle experience, from ideation to implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field preferred
Enthusiastic and willing
- Demonstrated passion for experience strategy and design, technology, and brands in the commercial world
- A love of technology and culture, and desire to learn, as well as an interest in sharing your insights and knowledge with your teammates
- A passion for building brand experiences and bespoke websites
- Incredible communication and collaboration skills
- Eagerness to rapidly build expertise on new businesses and industry verticals
- Proactive, comfortable with ambiguity, and flexible in the face of shifting client needs due to the rapidly changing nature of the technology space
- Strong appreciation for the power of APIs, technology, fast culture and social media, and the role technology plays in elevating design and experience innovation
The applicable base pay for this role ranges from $120,000 – $140,000. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position will be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health benefits, 401K savings as well as employee assistance programs.
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
We recognize the benefits of flexibility but also value the interactions that happen when we come together. Our new hybrid working model allows individuals to set their own cadence for working in their preferred environment with the expectation that they will be spending at least half of their time (50%) in their local office each month.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities, so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud.