Winter Intern, Visual Communication Design
As a Design Intern, you will work with our expert design team on a variety of projects in and related to brand identity, across print, digital and interactive experiences. If you’re creative, motivated, and highly articulate you’ve come to the right place!
We look for designers with skills and experience across a range of media who will bring self-initiative to projects and daily routine. To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate experience with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Experience with motion and interaction design software is preferred.
- Participate in conceptualization and with assistance, develop preliminary concepts in to refined comprehensive design solutions
- Individually and as part of a team, work on logo designs, visual systems, guidelines and presentations
- Assist in producing and coordinating design audits
- Conduct background research on identity and create mood boards for projects
- Bring to life brand stories through print, digital interaction, animation and motion design
- Assist in producing client presentations
- Assist in gathering materials for case studies
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent portfolio
- An understanding of how to apply basic design principles to creative work and demonstrated creative ability across a range of static, dynamic and interactive media
- Demonstrate high quality/accuracy in design standards
- Ability to apply basic educational principles to creative work
- Strong technical abilities in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency in motion/film editing software such as After Effects and Cinema 4D and/or interaction design software is preferred
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to set priorities and manage time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Ability to constructively participate as part of a project team
- Demonstrate a true passion for design and branding
- Desire to proactively seek constructive feedback
- Willingness and enthusiasm toward extending knowledge about technology/media, production process, design applications and working methods
Please ensure that you submit your online portfolio along with your application and clarify your availability in your application.
This is a full-time paid internship for a period of 4 months with potential to get hired full-time.
The applicable hourly rate for this role is $30/hr.
This internship is over-time eligible.
The hourly rate offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
We recognize the benefits of flexibility but also value the interactions that happen when we come together. Our new hybrid working model allows individuals to set their own cadence for working in their preferred environment with the expectation that they will be spending at least half of their time (50%) in their local office each month.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities, so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud.