Senior Associate, Business Development
As the ‘face’ of Lippincott, Business Development plays a pivotal role in moving the company forward. By being the first point of contact for potential new clients, the Business Development team has the unique opportunity and responsibility to cultivate new business opportunities, pursue the work that elevates our leading capabilities and talented teams, and build meaningful and enduring relationships with our clients.
As a Senior Associate in Business Development, you will spearhead the end-to-end new business process by identifying, qualifying, and responding to new client opportunities. This is an opportunity to join a talented, collegial team, passionate about brand-building and the impact that brands have on the world.
Who you are:
- You understand the role and impact of brand and marketing in business success – someone who is familiar with business issues and how they translate to all facets of brand-building across strategy, design, innovation, marketing and experience
- You are consultative in your commercial approach – someone who listens carefully and asks questions
- You are creative and exacting – someone who both thinks of great ideas and makes them happen
- You are a writer and storyteller – someone who knows how to craft and communicate the narrative of an opportunity
- You excel at building relationships
- You are a leader and team player – someone who is equally comfortable setting the agenda as they are drawing great ideas, content and materials out of your colleagues
- Managing the end-to-end new business process for a range of opportunities, teams and geographies
- Developing strategic proposals and pitches, in partnership with senior-level team members and practitioners
- Designing lead generation and outreach plans based on business news, deals, transactions, and growth moves in the marketplace
- Brokering and facilitating relationships with prospects, industry leaders and influencers, and nurturing relationships into commercial opportunities for Lippincott
- Working with corporate marketing, practice area and operations teams to codify intellectual capital and optimize new business processes and procedures
- A bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 8+ years post-college work experience in business development, preferably in consulting or related professional services organizations, experience with business development in the creative industry services is a plus
- Successful track record of generating and cultivating new business opportunities
- Excellent business writing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and project management skills
- Experience in successfully handling multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrating exceptional follow-through and ability to meet deadlines
- A rigorously strategic and creative approach to presenting information
- An enthusiasm for brand strategy, design, innovation, marketing, and experience
- A proactive and hands-on approach to learning from and working with others
- An unparalleled work ethic and drive to provide an exceptional work product
- Ability to work autonomously as well as partner closely with team members
The applicable base pay for this role ranges from $150,000 – $170,000. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position will be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health benefits, 401K savings as well as employee assistance programs.
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
We recognize the benefits of flexibility but also value the interactions that happen when we come together. Our hybrid working model allows individuals to set their own cadence for working in their preferred environment with the expectation that they will be spending at least half of their time in their local office each month.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.