Senior Consultant, Business Development
As the ‘face’ of Lippincott, Business Development plays a pivotal role in moving the company forward. By being the first point of contact for potential new clients, the Business Development team has the unique opportunity and responsibility to cultivate new business opportunities, pursue the work that elevates our leading capabilities and talented teams, and build meaningful and enduring relationships with our clients.
As a Senior Consultant in Business Development, you will provide valuable support across the end-to-end new business process, spanning initial opportunity assessment and qualification, through to strategic proposal writing, pitch presentation development, asset cataloguing and database management. This is an opportunity to join a talented, collegial team, passionate about helping to build some of the world’s leading brands.
On an average day, you will:
Develop proposals and presentations
- Shepherd the proposal / presentation development process through heavy project management and coordination for a range of new business opportunities, teams and geographies
- Research prospective clients, key account companies, and their respective business and branding challenges
- Understand and become proficient in past case studies, proposals and other resource materials as the starting point for proposal / presentation development
- Draft and develop strategic proposals and presentations, with guidance and feedback from senior-level team members
- Communicate with internal operations and production teams to ensure all new business deliverables reflect Lippincott’s legal and design standards and present information both logically and creatively
- Serve as quality control on all new business deliverables seen by prospective clients
Partner with Marketing, Knowledge Services and manage assets
- Support senior-level team members in executing new business outreach efforts and ensuring that all quantitative and qualitative metrics are captured
- Co-create case studies with project teams across disciplines to demonstrate our work through emotive, compelling, and high-impact communication design
- Partner with marketing, knowledge services and internal production teams to catalogue and archive thought leadership and intellectual capital, case studies, and other key assets created by the business development team
- Lead market intelligence on a monthly basis to track industry news, report on competitive dynamics and identify opportunity areas for Lippincott’s go-to-market strategies
- Serve as the point-person for Lippincott’s CRM database (Salesforce), and working with senior-level team members to update and track progress across the new business pipeline
- Work with corporate marketing and practice area teams on firm-wide outreach efforts, as needed
Who you are:
Knowledgeable and skilled
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2-5 years post-college work experience in a relevant field
- Prior business development experience, preferably in consulting, advertising / communications, or another professional services organization
- Excellent business writing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and project management skills
- Experience conducting secondary research (i.e., web and related sources)
- A strategic, creative, and rigorous approach to presenting information
- Ability to develop tailored, persuasive, and responsive communications and presentations
- Experience in successfully handling multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrating exceptional follow-through and ability to meet deadlines
- Sensitivity and ability to adapt to different working styles
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail, while delivering on the ‘bigger picture’
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office programs, preferably on a Mac; Salesforce or relevant CRM experience preferred.
Passionate and driven
- An enthusiasm for brand strategy, design, innovation and organizational engagement
- A proactive and hands-on approach to learning and working with others
- An unparalleled work ethic and drive to provide exceptional work product
Do you want the opportunity to work with the industry’s best consultants and the world’s most influential companies? Are you ready to shape the future?
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud.