Senior Consultant, Marketing and Customer Strategy
As a Marketing and Customer Strategy team member, you will blend strategic, analytical, and creative thinking to drive customer-centric growth for your clients. You will consult across industries, throughout the world, and on a range of brand topics (e.g., positioning, growth strategy, value proposition, innovation, and customer experience).
As a Senior Consultant, you will be a member of highly integrated case teams. Your responsibilities will include understanding client situations; conducting qualitative and quantitative research; analyzing findings to find revelatory insight about customer motivations, perceptions, and behaviors; and working with your case team to synthesize recommendations. You will contribute substantially to case delivery in terms of thinking and project management.
With a specialization in customer insight and marketing strategy, we expect you will bring experience and/or interest in:
- Strategic problem solving to create meaningful and enduring impact for our clients
- Designing and executing rigorous quantitative analytics based on primary research and/or empirical customer perceptional, behavioral, and financial data
- Inferring creative and imaginative approaches to shift customer behavior and drive growth (e.g., developing innovative experiences, disruptive positionings, or creative expressions)
This is an opportunity to join a talented and passionate group of strategists, designers, and innovators. The team-oriented environment provides exposure to Senior Partners and C-level clients to design meaningful and tangible impact for the world’s leading brands.
Responsibilities could involve:
- Collaborating with your team to develop innovative and disruptive strategies to shift customer behavior and drive client growth
- Gathering, organizing, and summarizing information on client business strategy, industry and competitive dynamics, best practice analyses, communications audits and customer insights to identify key implications
- Conducting in-depth interviews with client management and key stakeholders
- Supporting case team planning and execution of quantitative and qualitative customer / prospect research
- Learning and applying advanced analytics to infer insights and implications for client growth strategies (e.g., pertaining to topics from segmentation to conjoint modeling)
- Pursuing curiosity and learning related to rational and irrational customer decision making (e.g., customer psychology, the impact of emotion and irrationality in decision making, behavioral sciences, behavioral economics)
- Contributing to the development and storyline of client presentations
- Effectively communicating with, and presenting to, both internal case teams and external client teams
Desirable attributes include:
- 2-4 years of experience excelling in a field such as management consulting, strategy consulting, brand strategy, or innovation
- A curiosity for the emotional and rational drivers of customer behavior
- An appetite for shaping new products, services, and business models to support client growth
- Experience with financial modeling and/or analysis and synthesis of complex customer datasets through tools like Excel, SPSS, and R
- An analytical and rigorous approach to finding solutions and a flexibility in applying them
- Outstanding communications, writing, and interpersonal skills
- A passion for problem solving, creative expression and improving the way companies relate to customers
- A fascination with innovation, the customer experience, consumer psychology, or behavioral science
- A willingness to push your thinking, attack issues from multiple angles and stretch yourself to provide outstanding brand ideas to clients
- An appetite for learning and wrestling with challenging topics across a diverse range of clients/ industries
- Openness to travel, seeing things in new ways, and exploring new ideas
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.