Senior Consultant, Marketing Customer Strategy
As a Marketing and Customer Strategy team member, you will blend strategic, analytical, and creative thinking to drive customer-centric growth for your clients. You will consult across industries, throughout the world, and on a range of brand topics (e.g., positioning, growth strategy, value proposition, innovation, and customer experience).
As a Senior Consultant, you will be a member of highly integrated case teams. Your responsibilities will include understanding client situations; conducting qualitative and quantitative research; analyzing findings to find revelatory insight about customer motivations, perceptions, and behaviors; and working with your case team to synthesize recommendations. You will contribute substantially to case delivery in terms of thinking and project management.
With a specialization in customer insight and marketing strategy, we expect you will bring experience and/or interest in:
- Strategic problem solving to create meaningful and enduring impact for our clients
- Designing and executing rigorous quantitative analytics based on primary research and/or empirical customer perceptional, behavioral, and financial data
- Inferring creative and imaginative approaches to shift customer behavior and drive growth (e.g., developing innovative experiences, disruptive positionings, or creative expressions)
This is an opportunity to join a talented and passionate group of strategists, designers, and innovators. The team-oriented environment provides exposure to Senior Partners and C-level clients to design meaningful and tangible impact for the world’s leading brands.
In your day-to-day, you will:
- Collaborate with your team to develop innovative and disruptive strategies to shift customer behavior and drive client growth
- Gather, organize, and summarize information on client business strategy, industry and competitive dynamics, best practice analyses, communications audits and customer insights to identify key implications
- Conduct in-depth interviews with client management and key stakeholders
- Support case team planning and execution of quantitative and qualitative customer / prospect research
- Learn and apply advanced analytics to infer insights and implications for client growth strategies (e.g., pertaining to topics from segmentation to conjoint modeling)
- Pursue curiosity and learning related to rational and irrational customer decision making (e.g., customer psychology, the impact of emotion and irrationality in decision making, behavioral sciences, behavioral economics)
- Contribute to the development and storyline of client presentations
- Effectively communicate with, and present to, both internal case teams and external client teams
Who you are:
Knowledgeable, skilled, and driven
- 2-4 years of experience excelling in a field such as management consulting, strategy consulting, brand strategy, or innovation
- A curiosity for the emotional and rational drivers of customer behavior
- An appetite for shaping new products, services, and business models to support client growth
- Experience with financial modeling and/or analysis and synthesis of complex customer datasets through tools like Excel, SPSS, and R
- An analytical and rigorous approach to finding solutions and a flexibility in applying them
- Outstanding communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- A passion for problem-solving, creative expression and improving the way companies relate to customers
- A fascination with innovation, the customer experience, consumer psychology, or behavioral science
- A willingness to push your thinking, attack issues from multiple angles and stretch yourself to provide outstanding brand ideas to clients
- An appetite for learning and wrestling with challenging topics across a diverse range of clients/ industries
- Openness to travel, seeing things in new ways, and exploring new ideas
The applicable base pay for this role ranges from $95,000-$110,000. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position will be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health benefits, 401K savings as well as employee assistance programs.
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
We recognize the benefits of flexibility but also value the interactions that happen when we come together. Our new hybrid working model allows individuals to set their own cadence for working in their preferred environment with the expectation that they will be spending at least half of their time (50%) in their local office each month.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities, so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud.