Go-to Brands led the way prior to the coronavirus pandemic, and will continue to do so after it. Our approach to building and sustaining Go-to Brands is not only fundamental, it provides practical guidance for how to act as the pandemic evolves. The acute phase of the crisis drove an extraordinary outpouring of goodwill from many brands, driven by a mix of brand and an intuitively human reaction. Beyond that acute response, brands are challenged to support their customers through the long haul of suppression, when the virus is still with us and life remains far from normal, with plenty of opportunity for each of us to reassess, reprioritize, reestablish — and maybe reaffirm, or maybe reattach.
What does it take to act as a Go-to Brand today?
Reconnect with customers
Respond to fast-changing needs
- Tune into the shifts in functional, emotional and social needs — and what is driving them
- Uncover at speed, and innovate against, new Jobs to be Done
Take your purposeto your customers
- Be true to who you are and how you fit in customers’ lives
- Take on the valuable role that only you can play
- Unlock hidden assets that have new value today
Help them make the progress that matters
Make digital experiences human
- Develop digital experiences as the core way that people interact
- Design experiences that are sensitive to people’s anxieties, responding with delicacy and compassion
Design for a better future
- Lead the response to attitudinal shifts, with innovations that reset customer expectations for how things can work
- Plan for contrasting scenarios for what will and will not change asthe crisis evolves
By staying meaningful, enduring Go-to brands will reap the rewards of addressing the new realities of their customers.
Take an in-depth look at the full report
Today’s customer expectations are not what customers will look for tomorrow. Get the full picture of what success requires to stay ahead.DOWNLOAD